In technical terms, the Events function is used when the Event Handler is set up between SignFlow and an ECM (Enterprise Content Management) or Native Application. The report is done using date criteria.
Basically, every event that happens in SignFlow, creates an audit trail. An event is any action that is taken by a user of the system, for example a document is sent out; a user signs a document; a user rejects a document, etc - every one of them recorded in the SignFlow system.
The Events function enables you to draw on data from your company's audit trail, based on a date range that you input. If you, for example, want to see how many documents were rejected during the month of March 2018, you would input From Date: 1 March 2018 / To Date: 31 March 2018, based on Search Criteria "Documents Rejected" and the SignFlow system would pull every single document within your company profile that has been rejected during the month of March, and instantly present it to you in a table.
The following Search Criteria are available in the Events function:
- Documents Added
- Documents Approved
- Documents Cancelled
- Documents Completed
- Documents Deleted
- Documents Pending Release
- Documents Rejected
- Document Restart
- Documents Signed
- Form Submitted
- Prepper Template Created
- Prepper Template Removed
- Prepper Template Updated
- Click on From Date and enter the date you want to view the event/action from, by day, month and year.
- Click on To Date and enter the end date of the period you want to view the event/action from, by day, month and year.
- Click on the dropdown box "Please select any of the following details to search for Events" and select the event you wish to garner data on from the list.
- Click Search.
A table of the chosen Events (in this example, all documents cancelled between 1 July 2017 and 1 March 2018) will come up:
- Show [X] entries: You can choose to view 10, 25, 50 or 100 entries, which you can select via the Show X entries dropdown box.
- Search: The Search bar enables you to quickly find an entry by typing in the first three letters of a User, Document, Event Type, etc. All entries matching your search criteria will come up.
- Document ID: The number assigned to each Document. Auto-generated by the SignFlow system.
- User ID: This is the number that was assigned to each user when they were added to the business profile. It is auto-generated by the SignFlow system.
- User Full Name: The name and surname of the user responsible for creating the Event (i.e. the user that cancelled the document/workflow in this case).
- Email: The email address associated with the user responsible for creating the Event you are drawing data on.
- Form ID: If a user submits a form as a document, there will be a Form ID accompanying the entry, otherwise this field will always read "0".
- Event Date: The date each event in question took place (i.e. when each document was cancelled by the user in this case).
- Post Date: If a business has an Event Receiver hooked up in their business profile then the Post Date will indicate on which date the event was sent from SignFlow to their Event Receiver.
- Post Retry: As with Post Date, if there is an Event Receiver in the business profile, once the event is sent this field will be populated with the number of times the event was sent. If the event went through successfully the first time then this will be one, otherwise it will retry for a maximum of three times before it stops, so the possible values for this will be 0, 1, 2, 3 or blank.
- Resend: If the company has an Event Receiver hooked up and you click Resend, SignFlow will clear the Post Date, Post Retry and Post Result, and the event will be sent to the event receiver again. The said three fields will be updated accordingly, based on the result coming back.
- Copy: This copies all the information in the Events Management table you have requested, by row, to your Clipboard. You can then paste the text file wherever you need to, e.g. into a Word document, Notepad, etc. NOTE: The number of entries you chose to display comes into play here (10, 25, 50 or 100), as only this number of rows will be copied to your Clipboard).
- Excel: The Excel button exports all of the above-mentioned information into an Excel file, which is then automatically downloaded onto your hard drive. You will be able to find the file in your Downloads folder, or as a tab at the bottom of your screen.
- PDF: As above, the PDF button creates a PDF file of all forms admins' information. The show entries note applies.
The Settings tab (to the right of Events in Events Information) is only used when there is an Event Handler, when events, data and documents need to be communicated via SignFlow or DocFlow. This will be set up with the development team in charge of the integration.